Mana Medical Centre prides itself on having nursing staff of the highest calibre, who work independently, running their own appointment books alongside the doctors in the practice.
Some services and nursing duties include:-
- Childhood vaccinations. Currently injections are given at six weeks, three months, five months, twelve months, fifteen months and four years of age. Please visit the Immunisation Advisory Centre website for up to date reliable information as this may answer many of your questions you may have about immunising your child.
- Liquid nitrogen is available for treatment of warts and sun damaged skin. Our nurse can apply liquid nitrogen once your skin has been seen by a doctor at a separate consultation.
- Blood pressure checks.
- Free Annual Diabetes Check to diabetic patients.
- LTC clinics
- Cervical screening -There have been some changes in the National Cervical Screening Programme in Aotearoa, New Zealand. HPV (Human Pampiloma Virus) is now the primary screening test. Find out more about your options visit: TimeToCervicalScreen.nz or freephone 0800 729 729.
- Follow-up dressing and wound care.
- Removal of sutures and clips.
- Discussion about blood results if required and lifestyle issues advice.
- Electrocardiography (ECG).
- Spirometry Test
- Diet and Lifestyle education
- Administration of Neo-Cytamen and other regular injections
- Pregnancy Test
- Phone Triage advice
Nursing staff are at the surgery between 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
To Book an appointment please call 04 233 8019 and speak to one of our receptionists